Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect and process the following types of personal information about you:
• email address;
• mailing or street address; or
• telephone number.
We may collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our Service, during interactions between you and our customer service, or when you participate in surveys or marketing promotions. If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
We may collect personal information from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities. We may use this this information to protect ourselves and Users from fraud and unauthorized access.
When you access our Services, we may place small data files containing a unique, anonymous number (“cookies”) on the hard drive of your Device. This allows us to recognize your Device so that you do not have to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during registration or login).
Our cookies do not identify you personally, nor do they collect personal information. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use our Site or certain features on our Services.
Cookies may be placed on your Device by third parties such as YouTube, Vimeo or Google Analytics. We do not control how third parties use their cookies. You should check the Privacy Policies of these respective sites for more information about their policies.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our Services to you in the most effective manner for you and your Device;
• to ensure the smooth operation of our Services;
• to allow you access to member-only areas of our Services;
• to send communications requested by you or to notify you about changes to our Services;
• to respond to any inquiries or complaints about our Services;
• to assess Site usage, the performance of our Services and improve its operations;
• for billing purposes, debt collection or credit card verification purposes;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to carry out obligations arising from our Agreement and to enforce it;
• to resolve disputes;
• to troubleshoot problems;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our affiliates, service providers and other third parties;
• to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
• to send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements from our partners whose products we believe will interest our Users;
• to analyze and provide aggregated, anonymous information about our Users to our partners, service providers or other third parties;
• to prevent fraud or other prohibited or illegal activities and to promote trust and safety;
• to allow any new owners of our Site to carry on providing our Services; or
• to cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property or other rights.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by emailing us. There may be cases where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, where granting access to such information would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality. In such event, we will provide written reasons for any refusal.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right by unsubscribing to our mailing list when you receive marketing material from us.
Our Services may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies. You should check the policies of third party websites before submitting any personal information to them.
We take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, we remind you that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and that no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot provide any guarantee of the security of your information, nor can we assume liability for improper access to it. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply to us will not be intercepted during its transmission. By using our Services and providing personal information to us through any means, you agree that any information which you transmit to us is done so at your own risk. You also agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services.
Transfer of Information
Given that the Internet is a global environment, we may disclose personal information to our employees or third party suppliers and service providers located internationally. By using our Services you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your personal information outside your country of residence to any country where we have employees, affiliates, or engage with service providers and other third parties. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information will continue to be protected by overseas parties.